Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Max's Birth Story - 29th July 2008

Quick run down of birth:
  • Tuesday last week, got up with plans to go to playgroup then my middie appointment...
  • 10am left for playgroup, had very mild BH pains, but thought nothing of it as I have been having them since 20wks..
  • at playgroup they came and went all over the place but still very mild...
  • Drove home at 12pm to put Jack down for a nap...whilst doing this, BH contractions kicked up a notch...mmmm...starting to think might be the start of something at last...
  • Phone rang so decided to stop trying to put Jack down for his nap and answered it...was my g/friend...(she was at playgroup and knew about the pains)...she came over to keep me company as DH was in sydney for work and about 1-2hrs away.
  • Rang hospital and DH to inform them that contractions were 7mins apart and whether I should go to my 1.45pm middie appointment...Hospital said yes...so my g/friend packed up me and my son and we dropped him off with her hubby and went to my appointment (DH worked out he would arrive at the same time and either keep going to hospy or bring me home)
  • Arrived at clinic at 1.50pm, saw dr by 2pm, contractions 4mins apart, they told me to hot foot it to hospital asap...
  • Met DH in carpart about 5mins later, and all I could say was I didn't want to give birth in the carpark or his car...hahahaha
  • We got to the hospital by about 2.40pm and I really thought I was going to have this kid in the car for sure...by the time I got to the birthing Centre, they ran the spa bath, Max had arrived!!!
  • My water broke at the same time as he came flying out onto the bed...talk about a rush and explosion at 3.21pm!!
  • So then we had the probs with loss of 1.3lts of blood, and a small 2nd degree tear...I won't go into much more detail as it was all a bit messy and painful, but was feeling not bad by 5.30pm to ring my family and let them know as noone but my g/friend new about it...
  • I stayed for 6days in hospital and enjoyed the peace and quiet...but couldn't wait to leave yesterday and be home in my own bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment