Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Luke's Birth Story - 11th June 2010

Thursday night (10th June 2010, 6 days overdue) while cooking dinner, I felt a "gush" at 5.15pm, ok that was interesting, lol...told DH to take over the cooking for a second as my water had broken and I would be right back, lol, he took it pretty well!....

so I came back after changing my pants/pad and we ate dinner....had another little gush, but then thought maybe I had incontinence!!! epppp, lol...as the liquid was clear...finished dinner and then took some time in my recliner to think about whether this was it or not?? hahahaa...and DH gave the boys a bath and got them ready for bed just incase...(we had been waiting for something to happen for a week, so were a bit cautious this was just another blip)

Then I had a huge gush, (which I couldn't control, so decided I didn't have incontinence after all, lol)....decided to ring the hospital and see what they had to say....due to me being GBS positive and 1 wk overdue, they told me to come straight in to be hooked up to the anti-biotic's and monitoring...so at last something was happening!!!!

So after assessing that my girlfriend wouldn't arrive for an hour to stay with the kids (as she had to get home from work first), I rang my mum who was visiting my grandad around the corner and she waited with the boys till my girlfriend arrived...

We put the boys to bed and they both were not pleased that I was going after we explained what was happening....Jack decided he did NOT want "blobby out" and cried so much it was hard for me to leave happily....*sigh*....however it seems he went straight to sleep not long after I left...

so the trip to the hospital was fun this time, we couldn't help but laugh all the way as the last 2 trips were so painful and rushed...

Arrived at the hospital, wandered up to the birthing suites and was settled into a Delivery suite, hooked up to anti-biotic's every 4hrs....changed my pad and the fluid was now pale pink, so they asserted my membranes had broken and yes something was happening....mmmm, slowwwwwly!!!!

So after being hooked up to the monitor, everything with bub was fine and I was fine...everything was just fine! but NOTHING was happening...hahahahaha

so DH was told to go home and rest (we live about 40mins from the hospital) so at 10.30pm he left, and I was told to rest up and I would be induced in the morning around 6.30am...

at 11.30pm the contractions started....10mins apart, regular and consistent...by 2.30am they were around 7min apart, so the nurse got me to ring DH and tell him, so he came back in around 3.30am....and then they just continued at 10mins apart till 7am...I sort of dozed in between contractions....as much as you can anyway...they checked and I was a whole 3cm dilated...

at 7am they hooked me up to the drip for my induction..yay....and nothing! my "contractions" stopped....I seriously felt like I was just wasting everyone's time, this bub did NOT want to come out...

9.30am I started getting some decent contractions (which I later decided was rubbish, lol) anyway, I breathed through them while sitting on a fit ball and leaning on a mountain of pillows at the side of the bed (with monitors on my tummy for bub and contractions) it was my "happy place" and I breathed through the contractions quietly...even chatting and laughing with DH in between them...then 10.30am arrived and OMGoodness, stuff breathing through the bloody contractions, they hurt like hell and were 3mins apart!!!

Then I decided I could not sit on that ball any longer, so up on the bed, kneeling like I did with my 2nd bub....it was horrible, I wanted to go home, I was crying my heart out and the contractions just kept coming...but to close together, so at 11.30am, they stopped the drip...and after being checked I was still only 5cm dilated...argghhh!!!! I really thought it would be hours of more of the same....

Then the pain in my back got worse and they realised bub was spine against my spine, which was not a nice thing to experience...so onto my side with my leg up, oh the dignity was out the door by then, and the pain at least shifted from my back to my front, but felt like I was being ripped apart....then I had to push....I don't know how, but it went from just 3 of us in the room to about 8! lol...and that was too many!! my lovely middy had told me what I would be doing with my leg (me holding it up etc) but the other people didn't get the memo, so when she told me to lift my leg, another stupid middy grabbed the wrong leg and tried to lift it and the pain was excruciating!! luckily my nice middy yelled at her to back away! lol

and then there was a head!...yay, 1 step closer....

by then I requested DH to go start taking pics as I soooo was never doing this again and wanted something graphic to remind me of that!! lol...

getting the body out was not pleasant but I listened to my middy and he was out, and I ended up with only a tiny little tear!!! YIPPEEE!!! only 2 stitches and a little graze!! the best so far out of my "war wounds" from labour...

Luke James arrived 12.25pm 11th June @ 41wks....7lb 15oz (3.6kg), HC 36.5, Length 52cm.

So glad its over, now to enjoy little Luke xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment